Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tax Information Now Available on "my Social Security" Website

Social Security has made advances over the past several years with regard to filling applications, retiring, and checking one's "green sheets".  The website through which one may access this information may be found here: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

I have recently been informed that there are some new services available from the same website.  According to Social Security,

"We are excited to offer a new online service to people who receive Social Security benefits. If you need to replace your form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax purposes, you can now get a copy instantly by using your personalized my Social Security account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one online today."

Anything that gets my clients and readers connected with their information more quickly is a good thing.  To see their press and social media releases about this service, click below:

1 comment:

  1. Social Security has really come along way over recent year by utilizing technology and the internet to make the department more accessible. It is definitely a big convenience for people to be able to go onto the website to do various things like file an application for Social Security. Thanks for sharing this information about their other services!